Hi there! I’m Jamie Rohrbaugh. Welcome to this blog!
What you’ll find here:
Here on Over Not Under, you’ll find encouragement in practical areas–especially regarding your MONEY.
Financial struggles are one of the most stressful issues you can deal with. And too often, people deal with financial lack for
long looooooooong periods of time.
You may be struggling in this area too–or maybe you just need some encouragement. Either way, you have a home here.
Here’s the scoop:
Jesus came to destroy all the work of the enemy. He came to destroy sin, sickness, sadness, depression, anxiety, stress, poverty, financial shortage, overwhelmed-ness 🙂 … and everything else bad you can think of. Jesus came to make the earth look just like Heaven. And in Heaven, there’s only health, joy, wealth, happiness, abundance, and right standing with God.
Hey, in Heaven, gold is so common they grind it into the streets. Ain’t no shortage or lack there. 🙂
So I want to help you kick poverty to the curb.
I do that by writing about what God says about money in His message to people, the Bible. Usually twice a week, I’ll post encouraging words, practical tips, and other things that will encourage you.
I am also passionate about encouraging entrepreneurs. I spent nearly 15 years as a financial analyst in the Fortune 500, and I became passionate about business. I believe that people’s personal financial fortunes are hidden in their business ideas. God’s Word, the Bible, says that people ought to do business continually.
If you’re a business owner or want to become one, you’ll find me urging and encouraging you to go after that business with everything you’ve got. 🙂
Finally, I also offer free resources, such as 15 prayers for your finances, an easy budget spreadsheet, the How to Get Rid of the Poverty Spirit webinar, and more. And finally, if you sign up for my free email updates (I call my email list Victory U), I’ll send out extra tips and encouragement that only are available to my Victory U subscribers.
Occasionally, you will also see me write about health, home management, and FUN things.
I know we have to get things done each day–and we need encouragement for those things–but we also have to have FUN in this life too. All work and no play makes everybody worn out, burned out, and bummed out.
So I’ll encourage you to take time out for yourself. Everybody needs a hobby! You can’t be your best self without good, godly FUN. You can’t be “ON” all the time. Sometimes you have to let your hair down and give it a whirl!
Here are a few random factoids about me:
- I love Mexican food. It’s my favorite.
- I think everyone, literally EVERYONE, ought to have an internet business of some sort. E-commerce is the frontier that is empowering people to become very wealthy if they will go after it, take a risk, and work hard.
- I dream of having a golden retriever puppy one day.
- I have a passion for seeing people built up into their destiny.
- I hang play money from my ceiling as a visual to build my faith for those open-windows-of-heaven-blessings God promises in the Bible (Malachi 3). A friend taught me how to do this and it WORKS!
- I love playing music. I’ve been a musician almost all my life, but not a very good one. The good news is, though, that I can rock the key of C.
- I love the 12-bar blues and honky-tonk piano playing.
- I love Bible journaling with art, particularly using FaberCastell gelatos and stickers. It’s so fun!
- I love to work on applique quilts. I say “work on” because I’ve been working on the same one for probably 8 years, and it’s still not done. Maybe someday?
- I have an ornery Siamese cat named Moses. Moses bites, literally. 🙁 But, at other times, he’s a snugglekitty.
- I asked my husband for a simple point-and-shoot camera once, but I never could figure out how to work the thing. It still sits around, useless. All my photos are taken with my phone now. #Can’tBeBothered
- I’m madly in love with the American West. Wyoming is my favorite place on earth–specifically, Yellowstone National Park. If you’re gonna travel, go to Yellowstone at least 68 times in your life.
- I love downhill skiing. Good thing, because I live in Tennessee. #TheSouth #Sarcasm
- I am a full-time domestic missionary. For my full-time occupation, I write and teach prophetic and encouraging words over at FromHisPresence.com. Hop over and check it out sometime!
- I’ve started quite a few businesses and failed at many of them. I learned that failure isn’t bad. It helps you learn what you don’t like, so you can move on to what you love.
- I have a newborn baby–a miracle baby that God gave us after 11 years of marriage and a lot of “ain’t gonna happens” from doctors. Go, Jesus!
That’s it about me. Again, welcome! I’m so glad you’ve joined us for the journey here at OverNotUnder.com. Please remember to sign up for emails via Victory U, and emjoy browsing through the articles here! We’ll see you soon; I can’t wait to get to know you!
Big ol’ hugs,