In the midst of the daily grind, have you ever stopped to dream with God about what your financial life could look like? If you haven’t, now’s the time to start.
Why? Because things don’t always have to be like they are right now. And as a matter of fact, if you will take small steps with me (but mostly with God) over the course of this next year and beyond, they can look completely different in one year’s time.
Even in one month’s time.
For some of you, things could look different even in one week’s time.
It all depends on how much you want change–and desire to change usually comes when you are gripped by a dream.
So dream with God (and me) 🙂 about your financial life for a moment:
What would your life look like if you didn’t owe anyone anything? No credit card debt. No car payment. No house payment. No loans at all. Every pretty penny, peso, or pound you earn staying right with you, except to pay your living expenses.
Totally free from EVER worrying about:
- Being foreclosed on;
- Having your car repossessed;
- Losing a friendship because you couldn’t pay that friend back the money you borrowed from them;
- Not having your family and friends look down on you because of your financial status;
- Never having to worry about how to pay a bill again.
Sense it. Smell it. Feel it. Taste it. What would that be like? Allow yourself to sink into that alternate reality for a minute.
Then, imagine this: what would your life be like if you had tons of money in savings?
I mean plenty. If you had 3 months’, 6 months’, or one year’s worth of expenses socked away in the bank, sitting there just in case.
That’s a lot of money between you and disaster. What would that be like? Knowing that you have tens of thousands of dollars (or whatever your currency is) just sitting around, just in case?
What would it be like? Feel it! Look at the rich-you in your mind’s eye! How do you look? How do you dress? How do you carry your head? How do you feel?
What would your life be like if you had plenty of money saved up to retire on?
Maybe even to retire early?
If you had a couple sweet million dollars saved in your retirement accounts? If you knew that you’d be able to live to a good old age and NEVER deplete your savings? If you knew you wouldn’t have to worry about being a burden to your children as you age?
What would that be like?
And what would your life look like if you could be a giver like you want to be?
What has it always been in your heart to do for other people? For example:
- Have you dreamed of blessing your children with a new car or house?
- Do you want desperately to leave a nice inheritance to your grandchildren?
- Have you dreamed of sending missionaries all around the globe?
- Have you dreamed of helping feed the hungry, house the homeless, or even provide respite vacation time and space for tired pastors and their wives?
- Have you dreamed of funding your church’s next conference, so your pastor never has to worry about money at all?
If you could give to anyone, anywhere, what would you do? How would you give? What would it feel like to write that check?
Sense it! Look at it! Let it become real!
Because you can do it. If you’re taking the time to read this blog, it’s not too late.
But it starts with a dream. It starts with motivation. It starts with letting yourself look at your highest reality in your mind’s eye until it becomes real to you.
It begins with letting the Lord open your eyes to see what your life could be like if you are to receive all the blessings He promises in His Word. Because then, you’ll have the motivation and inspiration to obey all the things He’s promised in His Word–and to believe Him to do His part–so you CAN receive:
- So you can owe no man anything, except to love others (Romans 13:8).
- So you can leave an inheritance to your children’s children (Proverbs 13:22).
- So you can be the head, and not the tail; above only, and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28).
- So you can be OVER everything in your life, and not under it … which is what this website is all about.
Beloved, you’re not called to be under the weather, under attack, or under the circumstances.
God’s Word clearly states that the blessings of the Lord make you RICH, and He adds no sorrow to those blessings (Proverbs 10:22). It’s His will for you to prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers (3 John verse 2). God wants to prosper you.
It takes work. It takes time. Most of all, it takes seeking Him first, obeying His Word, praying, believing Him, and doing what He tells you to do. Again: it takes OBEDIENCE.
But you can do it. It’s not too hard (Deuteronomy 3o:11).
One step at a time, you and the Lord. You’ve got this.
for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13).
What dream captures your heart as you meditate on what life COULD be like? Please leave a comment below!