Happy New Year! This is my very favorite time of year. It’s a time of renewed vision. It’s a new beginning. It’s a time to get alone with the Lord and get HIS vision for the next season of life. Yay!
Have you written down your goals for 2019 yet?
If not, I strongly encourage you to do so. Goals make things happen. Goals are a big part of how the violent ones take the Kingdom–which includes your destiny–by force (Matthew 11:12). Goals are Biblical and practical wisdom!
I’ll share a few of my goals below.
Honestly, it makes me tremble a little to share these goals.
Why? Because sharing them makes me accountable for them! I’ll HAVE to stick to them because I’m telling you about them! Now, there are some goals I’m not sharing because they are personal … but even so, sharing the ones I’m sharing means I’ll have to be accountable to you about them.
So, I will. 🙂 And I would LOVE it if you want to share a few of YOUR goals in the comments too, and we can all be accountable!
Without further ado, here are my goals for the year that I have so far:
- Finish free webinar series teaching through all the power gifts of the Spirit.
- Host live School of the Prophets events here in Chattanooga once per quarter throughout 2019. (The first one is scheduled for January 19.)
- Turn 10 of our most helpful prayers/lists on FromHisPresence into free printable resources for our email community.
- Turn 5 of our most helpful prayers/teachings on finances and success into free printable resources for our OverNotUnder email community.
- Submit 1 article per month to each of three specific magazines that I already write for.
- Upload all remaining video classes (that I have recorded but not released) to our Gumroad store.
- Upload 10 free Bible reading plans to YouVersion.
- Mentor 10 blogging business through the Abundance Writers Co-op all year.
- Host 1-2 Abundance Writers Co-op training sessions per month.
- Find 5 new magazine outlets to write for and have one article published in each by December 31, 2019.
- Reach and maintain 1,000,000 pageviews per month on FromHisPresence.com by June 30, 2019.
- Reach 30,000 pageviews per month on OverNotUnder.com (this blog) by April 30, 2019.
- Preach at least 12 times in addition to hosting our own events.
- Watch 3 video tutorials about how to reach more people online per week.
- Finish removing all broken/dead links from FromHisPresence.com. (I’ve been working on this for weeks and am almost done!)
- Finish editing all audio from September 2018 inner healing retreat.
- Attend FinCon 2019 (tickets already purchased during pre-sale window).
- Do something fun outdoors with my husband and my son at least two Saturdays per month, every month.
- Read at least one book to my son every day.
- Cook a healthy dinner for my family and eat it together at the table at least 5 days per week.
- Go on one overnight trip with my husband, without our son, by December 31, 2019.
Fun & health:
- Sew at least one seam on my La Passacaglia quilt every day.
- Finish my botanical La Passacaglia quilt by June 30, 2019.
- Walk/run 350 miles in 2019.
- Complete 3 half-marathons in 2019.
- Remain dairy-free when eating at home.
- Reach goal weight of size 8, which is healthy for my BMI.
- Memorize entire book of Philippians by December 31, 2019.
- Finish reading the following books of the Bible straight through by December 31, 2019:
- Old Testament: Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Zephaniah.
- New Testament: Acts, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Revelation
- Note: Lest you think I’m some kind of heretic who doesn’t read her Bible, 😉 just know that yes, I have read those books before. But on this particular go-round of reading straight through the Bible, I was supposed to get those books read straight through last year and didn’t. (I read for quality, not speed, and often repeat passages or read sections of books–e.g. Psalm 80-101–but that doesn’t count as straight through for the sake of this particular goal.) 🙂
- Get up by 4 AM every morning so I can spend time with the Lord during fourth watch.
I’m sure I’ll be adding to these goals and adapting them as needed throughout the year, but I’m really excited about 2019 so far!
What are your goals for 2019? I’d love to hear about them. Please leave a goal or two that you’re most excited about in the comments below!